Microsoft Excel spreadsheet has got loads of information and in MS Excel 2007 has got more rows and columns compared to the older versions. MS Excel 2007 will let you analyze as well as work with huge amount of data. For using the data in a very effective way you need to manipulate it in various different ways. In this tutorial you will learn about sorting data in different ways. You can also learn about Applying Transitions in your Presentation in MS PowerPoint 2016.
Sorting Cells in MS Excel 2007
Sorting lists is one of the very common spreadsheet tasks which will let you reorder the data very easily. One of the most common type of sorting is alphabetical ordering and this can be done in ascending as well as descending order.
Sorting in Alphabetical order:
- 1st of all you need to select a cell in column which you want to sort.
- Now click the Sort & Filter command in the Editing group from the Home tab.
- Now select Sort A to Z and this action will organize the information in the Category column in alphabetical order.
Sorting from Smallest to Largest:
- 1st of all you need to select a cell in the column which you want to sort out.
- Now click on Sort & Filter command from the Editing group on the Home tab.
- Now select From Smallest to Largest and this action will organize the data from smallest to largest amount.
- Sorting Multiple Levels:
- Click on the Sort & Filter command in the Editing group from the Home tab.
- Now select Custom Sort from the list to open the dialog box.
- Select the Data tab.
- In the next step locate the Sort and Filter group.
- Now click Sort command for opening the Custom Sort dialog box. You can sort by one item or multiple items from here.
- Now click on drop-down arrow in Custom Sort by field and then select one of the options e.g. Category.
- Now select what to Sort On. You can leave it to default i.e. Values.
- Select how to Order the results and leave it as A to Z which means it is organized alphabetically.
- Click on Add Level for adding another item to sort by.
- Select option in the Column Then by field.
- Now select what to Sort On in this field you can leave it as default as Value.
- Now select how to order the results and leave it as smallest to largest.
- Now click on OK.
With this all the spreadsheet has been sorted.